Last updated: June 16, 2020
If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Collection of your Personal Data
We collect the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with our Services directly and/or through our third-party service providers:
- Email address.
- Home/work/mobile telephone number.
- Postal or other physical address.
- Credit/debit card information.
- IP addresses and other information collected passively.
- Device identifiers.
- Date of Birth.
- Professional and occupational information.
- Professional licenses, certifications, designations.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Automatic Collection. At Point of Care and our third-party service providers automatically collect some information about you when you use our Services, using methods such as cookies and tracking technologies (further described below). Information automatically collected includes IP address, Internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, sections of the Site visited, number of links you click while on the Site, search terms, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, website traffic and related statistics, keywords and/or other data.
“Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as managing page views and your shopping cart. Typically, your browser will erase session cookies once you exit the browser.
“Persistent” cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computer or mobile device after you exit the browser. Persistent cookies allow us to retrieve certain information that you have previously provided to us (for example, your user ID if you ask to be remembered).
The Site may use both session and persistent cookies. The Site may also use “tracer tags,” which are tiny graphic images placed on Site pages or in our e-mails that allow us to determine whether you have performed certain actions. When you access these pages or open e-mail messages, the tags generate a notice of that action to us or our Service Providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions. You may manage, block or delete cookies and other tracking technologies by adjusting your browser’s security and privacy settings but, if you do so, you may not be able to use particular features of the Site or the Services.
- Aggregated Personal Data. We may analyze your Personal Data in aggregate form, which does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, advertisers, manufacturers and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Supplemented Data. Supplemental data may be received about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, in which case we may combine this data with information we already have about you so that we can update, expand and analyze the accuracy of our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us Personal Data about others, or if others give us your Personal Data, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Use and Processing of your Personal Data
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
- With your consent.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety of, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as your user agreement with us that allows us to provide you with the Services) and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others (e.g. our users) as set forth above.
Sale of Your Personal Data. At Point of Care does not sell Personal Data.
Sharing Your Personal Data. At Point of Care may share your Personal Data with third parties without notice to you under certain circumstances including:
- Service Providers: When we engage a service provider to perform certain business-related functions, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function. We may also share your information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action or disclosure is necessary or appropriate (i) to operate the Site, (ii) comply with any legal obligation, report unlawful activity, cooperate with law enforcement, or protect against legal liability, (iii) protect and defend our rights, property, personnel, suppliers, sponsors, agents or licensors, or (iv) protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public.
- Business Transfers: We may share your information with business partners or buy or sell businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, asset sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the assets that are transferred.
- Aggregated Information: We may aggregate Personal Data and provide it to our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, advertisers or other third parties, in response to a government request, or to other third parties for lawful purposes.
Advertising. At Point of Care may, directly or indirectly through service providers, serve personalized advertisements when you visit the Site. At Point of Care and service providers may use Personal Data collected during your visits to the Site to select advertisements, perform, or have performed, cookie synchs, and otherwise combine and compare your information with other databases for At Point of Care’s commercial purposes. You may opt out of the tailoring of advertising based on information we collect. To learn more about the use of this information, or to choose not to have this information used by our third-party advertising partners by opting out, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Email Marketing. At Point of Care offers you control over your privacy preferences regarding email. You may update these preferences at any time. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed.
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional e-mails of certain types (or a company-wide unsubscribe) at any time. Click here to unsubscribe now: [email protected]. Please pay careful attention to the various options for unsubscribing from our promotional e-mails. You may have the option to unsubscribe from one or more special interest e-mail lists or unsubscribe from all promotional e-mails from us.
- When you receive a promotional e-mail from At Point of Care, it will contain a link that allows you to unsubscribe. If you decide to use this unsubscribe link, you will no longer receive special offers, valuable coupons, new product introductions and informational health and wellness newsletters from At Point of Care; however, you will continue to receive non-promotional e-mails from us, such as order confirmations.
Security. At Point of Care takes reasonable precautions to safeguard your Personal Data against unauthorized access or disclosure including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Data Retention. We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, please, Contact Us.
Accessing, Update or Delete Your Personal Data. You can access, view, port, update your personal information by logging into your account on the Site or, if you are not an At Point of Care customer, by following the ‘Access My Information’ link available on the Site’s homepage. You can delete your personal information by following the ‘Delete My Information’ link available on the Site’s homepage. If you wish to cancel your account, please send us an email at [email protected] If you make a request to delete or port your Personal Data and that data is necessary for the Services you have purchased, the request will be honored only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual requirements.
EU Data Subjects. You may have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request. For example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision.
To make any of the following requests, contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging into your account. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Portability: You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Data with a supervisory authority.
Children. Our Services are available only for those over the age of 16. The Site is not targeted to or intended for use by children under the age of 16. At Point of Care does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Data from such children. If you are under the age of 16, do not submit any information to this Site. If we learn that we collected Personal Data from children under the age of 16, we will take steps to delete that information as soon as possible.
If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 16 has provided us with any Personal Data, please Contact Us.
‘Do Not Track’ notifications. Some browsers allow you to automatically notify websites you visit not to track you using a “Do Not Track” signal. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents. The Site, and the Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By providing us with any information through the Site, or the Services, you consent to this transfer.
We may transfer your Personal Data to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage. By using any of our Services or providing any Personal Data for any of the purposes stated above, you consent to the transfer and storage of your Personal Data, whether provided by you or obtained through a third party, to the U.S. as set forth herein, including the hosting of such Personal Data on U.S. servers. In certain cases, At Point of Care will transfer Personal Data in accordance with the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, a copy of which can be obtained at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32010D0087.
California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit http://atpointofcare.com/CCPA.
Nevada Privacy Rights. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to 1-800-772-8277 or [email protected]. However, please know we do not sell Personal Data, and therefore, do not currently trigger that statute’s opt-out requirements.
At Point of Care, Inc.
290 W. Mt. Pleasant Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039