Intel Corporation Partners with @Point of Care™; Adds to Windows® 8 Medical Vertical
Livingston, New Jersey—May 29, 2013—@Point of Care™ (www.atpointofcare.com), in partnership with Intel Corporation, is bringing the robust practice-based learning and patient-care guidance that are hallmarks of the @Point of Care™ model to medical professionals who use Windows-based devices. Previously, @Point of Care™ was available only to users of mobile iOS devices.
Updated dynamically by content editors and world-renowned thought leader faculty to remain current, @Point of Care™ is a free, real-time mobile and web-based health information app that supports best practices and evidence-based medicine, available at the point of care. “It’s a constant challenge for busy physicians and other clinicians to remain knowledgeable about advances in their specialty area and effectively answer questions from their patients during office or hospital visits,” said Robert Stern, Chief Executive Officer. “@Point of Care™ places real-time content at the clinician’s fingertips at the time it is acutely needed, enabling better decisions, better outcomes, and better patient care.”
Each @Point of Care™ platform provides a thorough examination of a single therapeutic area or disease, authored and curated by specialty experts. Multiple sclerosis is the subject of the first Windows 8 release, with other specialty areas soon to follow. The content is organized into chapters encompassing epidemiology, etiology, diagnosis, treatment, special topics, and case studies. Embedded videos, expert interviews, illustrations, polling questions, clinical trials data, and other resources clarify and reinforce the content.
Key features of the @Point of Care™ platform include the following:
- Interactive tools designed for iPhone, iPad, and other mobile devices
- Point-of-care accessibility, which allows clinicians to answer practice-based questions by consulting the expansive and easily searchable knowledge base
- Expert-driven content, authenticated by blinded, third-party peer review
- Updated dynamically, inviting frequent re-engagement of clinician users
- Supportive multimedia offerings and contextual practice guidelines, which facilitate the rapid incorporation of best practices into patient care
- Progressive learning design structure incorporating a sequential series of chapters, bookmarks, highlighting, annotations, and links to external professional resources, allowing creation of a personalized knowledge base
- Free continuing medical education (CME/CE) credit offered at the chapter and subchapter level and recorded in the CME/CE Tracker
“We are pleased to bring this valuable clinical decision-support resource to the community of Windows 8 medical professionals and look forward to adding more @Point of Care™ titles as they become available,” said Mark Blatt, MD, Worldwide Medical Director of Intel Corporation.
Robert Stern is enthusiastic about the partnership with Intel and the opportunity to introduce @Point of Care™ to an entirely new audience of Windows 8 users. “We currently have more than 100,000 subscribers on the iOS side. Clinicians who use Windows-based devices can now benefit from this comprehensive clinical tool as well. We look forward to our continued association with Intel to bring certified healthcare education and practice tools to this user base.”
About @Point of Care™
@Point of Care™ seamlessly integrates timely, evidence-based medical information with leading-edge technology, providing a valuable practice tool that enables physicians and other clinicians to make informed and personalized patient management decisions, right at the point of care. Learn more at www.atpointofcare.com.
Chief Executive Officer
@Point of Care™